Lupines are a race of shapeshifters that are half-human and half-wolf. They live in the Northern and Southern Lupine Territories.
Lupines have striking amber eyes and golden hair.
A person can become Lupine who was not born one. They must be bitten by a Lupine, at the base of their throat, hard enough to draw blood, on the night of a full moon. The person's family members could be considered Lupine as well, without having to become Lupine themselves.
It is Lupine custom to introduce oneself by stating at least the last three generations of one's family.
Lupines mate for life. When two Lupines decide to take each other as life mates, one of them stands up and announces his or her desire to be with each other to the whole pack. The two then go off privately into the woods to mate. The mutual love and affection of the couple is an absolute given, or the pack would never approve of the match.
Lupines believe in The Great Mother named Maiya. She is the creator of Erthia. She created the shapeshifters as her special children. Then she made all the other races, but no one is despised or shunned. The Great Mother is accepting and kind.
Powers & Abilities
- Shapeshifting - Lupines have the ability to shift between their wolf and human forms.
- Immunity to wand magic - They are immune to wand magic.
- Superior senses - Lupines have superior senses to other races. They can smell strong emotions of others, including levels of attraction people have for each other. They can also hear other people's conversations from large distances away, even if they are in a completely different room.
- Diana Ulrich
- Jarod Ulrich
- Dolf Boarg: a historian and author of Lupine Societies: A History
- Gunther Ulrich † Father of Diana & Jarod and was the leader of the Gerwulf pack until his demise.
- Daciana Ulrich † Mate to Gunther and mother to Diana, Jarod & Kendra.
- Kendra Ulrich † Daughter of Gunther & Daciana and sister to Diana & Jarod.