Verpax University is the main place of learning in the Western Realm. It is located in the capital city of Verpax in the country Verpacia.
Verpax University teaches magical and non-magical students. The student body is mostly made up of Gardnerians, Verpacians, Alfisgr Elves, and Elfhollen. When Elloren begins attending the university, there are two Lupine students and two Icaral students. The admittance of these students is highly controversial.
One of the most famous parts of the university is the fabled Gardnerian Athenaeum, an enormous library overflowing with books. The university also contains apothecary laboratories and greenhouses where students can learn how to use apothecary materials from western and eastern Erthia.
Verpax has countless domes and spires. The city and the university completely fill an immense valley. It's a gated city, surrounded by a stone wall with gates bracketed by stone guard towers. The towers are very tall with arching, diamond-paned windows.
The buildings of Verpax are made from Spine-stone and colorful Guild crests and banners mark many of them. The cobbled streets are narrow. There is a diverse cornucopia of shops, taverns, and craft houses. There are wrought-iron gates that surround the University.
The cobbled streets of the university are narrow. The main building is the White Hall. It is a mammoth, multi domed building hewn from pure alabaster Spine stone. A wide staircase leads to an arching doorway. Through the heavy door is a huge, torch-lit foyer. There is an underground military armory. It's a huge circular room stocked with all types of weaponry.
The interior of the White Hall is massive. An open, curved walkway rings the entire hall. The floor is made of Spine-stone as well. The sectional domed roof stretches high overhead with paintings of constellations on a night sky. Below the roof is a ring of huge, arching windows. Colorful Guild banners hang below every window. The layout is like a great wheel, with long aisles connecting the external curving walkway to a central raised dais.
- History of Gardneria
- Military History
- Lucretia Quillen: Vice Chancellor
- Astrid Volya: an Amaz professor of Chemistrie
- Fyon Hawkkyn: a Smaragdalfar Elf professor of Metallurgie
- Jules Kristian: a Kelt professor of History of Gardneria
- Bartholomew Simitri: teaches Botanicals and History of Gardneria
- Josef Klinmann: teaches Advanced Mathematics
- Fy’ill Xanillir: teaches Metallurgie
- Eluthra Lorel: teaches Apothecarium I
- Sylvia Abernathy: Lodging Mistress
- Professors at Verpax University wear forest green robes.
- Laurie Forest loosely modeled Verpax University on Oxford University.